Oak Ridge, TN
Fees: Our adoption fee for dogs is $145 and for cats, $125.
The fee includes vaccinations and any other needed veterinary care, spay/neuter, and microchip.
Our Adoption Selection Process
(PDF Format: 33K) Updated December 15, 2018
we follow in placing our animals
if you have questions as to why we require that our adopters agree not to declaw our cats.
Adoption Application Forms --
Adoption contract, to be signed in duplicate when the
adoption is finalized (PDF Format: 48K)
Updated January 4, 2017
Shelter Animals Rescue Group
ADOPTION PROGRAM STANDARDS
It is the goal of Shelter Animals Rescue Group (SARG) to place homeless animals
in new homes as an alternative to destroying them. These animals may have been abused
or neglected. Therefore, SARG has certain standards for the good of the adopters
and the animals. Please consider the following points:
- Animals will be placed with responsible adults to be kept as household pets.
Animals will not be used as guard dogs or hunting dogs.
- No animal will be placed as a surprise gift.
- SARG reserves the right to verify the information provided by an applicant
and to deny an animal to an applicant who provides false information to SARG
- No animal will be placed without adequate provisions for exercise appropriate
to the size and breed of the animal.
- All family members, including children, are encouraged to participate in the
decision to acquire a pet.
- Puppies and kittens must be six (6) months of age or older if the home has
children under six (6) years of age.
- SARG reserves the right to deny any application we consider unsatisfactory.
This is not to reflect on the applicant, but means simply that this pet would not do well
under the conditions that the applicant has to offer. We feel our experience in this area
must be our guide to a successful adoption.
- SARG reserves the right to revoke the placement of any animal upon showing
that the adoptive family has not complied with any of the Terms and Conditions of the
contract. If, as an adopter, you are at any time unable to care for the animal, please
call SARG at (865)483-8146. We need at least one week's notice to
prepare for return of the animal.
Pet ownership is a lifetime commitment. Do the animal and yourself a favor and consider
the following before you adopt: your lifestyle, the animal's special needs, housing
requirements, and potential size.